LGS Mission Statement
To ensure safe and optimal air traffic for all users of the Latvian air space by providing air navigation services in the long-term, and to ensure efficient and financially sustainable management of the company.
In its operations, LGS strives to become the best recognised and highest rated air navigation service provider in the Baltic region and the European Union, based on the following criteria:
• safe and high-quality air traffic control services;
• financial efficiency;
• staff loyalty thanks to good working conditions, career opportunities and competitive salaries.
Customers. We value our customer satisfaction very highly, therefore we implement measures in our work that are aimed at providing quality, safe and effective services.
Staff. We recognise and value the achievements of our employees, and we are confident of the professional skills of the LGS staff and develop them ever further.
Modern and forward-looking technology. We are accumulating a modern technological basis, promoting creativity and improving ourselves to provide technological solutions with a view to the future.
General strategic goal
The general objective set for the transport sector by the Ministry of Transport is the maintenance and development of an economically efficient air traffic system that provides safe, quality and accessible air traffic services to the public; to provide input to the Latvian economy through the creation of a dynamic air traffic system, and make Riga an air traffic hub for direct and transit passengers.
LGS is operating in a strategically important sector and implementing national development and security interests by providing air traffic control services and monitoring the Latvian air space.
LGS is part of a sector of strategic national importance – the aviation subsector of the transport sector – and provides services that are crucial to the implementation of sectoral policy. Profit is not the guiding objective of the capital company, but rather it is efficient operations in accordance with international requirements and regulations.
LGS Strategic Goals
The following strategic goals have been identified for the implementation of the LGS vision:
• Air traffic control (ATC) safety and security (SAF & SEC) – to provide services that not only adhere to the national and international safety and security standards for ATC but go above and beyond them.
• Capacity (CAP) – maintain optimum air space capacity.
• Environmental protection (ENV) – provide and develop air traffic control services whilst taking into consideration the need to reduce the environmental footprint of the aviation sector.
• Financial efficiency (FIN) – balance of unit costs, expenses and service quality.
• Operational efficiency (OPE) – to allow all air space users to perform their flights efficiently while adhering to both military and civilian operator requirements.
• Human resources (HUM) – highly qualified, motivated staff provided with appropriate working conditions and social guarantees thus attaining the goals of the capital company.
This section will be further expandedBack