On the processing of personal data
The purpose of this document is to inform the customers of the State Joint Stock Company “Latvijas gaisa satiksme” (LGS) about the principles of personal data processing implemented in LGS, as well as to inform about the rights of natural persons and the possibility to obtain information about their personal data processing at LGS.
GDPR – Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, the requirements apply from 25 May 2018.
Personal data – any information that directly or indirectly allows to identify a natural person.
Data subject – a natural person who can be directly or indirectly identified.
Processing – any activity performed with Personal Data (including collection, recording, storage, change, granting of access, making requests, transfer, etc.)
2.1. These principles describe how in general LGS handles processing of personal data. More detailed information on the processing of personal data can be described in the agreements or on the LGS website: www.lgs.lv.
2.2. Within the framework of the effective regulatory enactments, LGS ensures the confidentiality of personal data and implements technical and organizational measures for the protection of personal data from unauthorized access, illegal processing or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
2.3. LGS may use approved personal data processors for the processing of personal data, in such cases concluding an agreement with them that the personal data will be processed in accordance with the purpose specified by LGS and by the means specified by LGS in accordance with applicable regulatory enactments.
LGS website www.ais.lgs.lv use the Googleanalytics service to obtain statistics on the number of visits to these pages;
3. Purposes and basis of personal data processing
LGS performs personal data processing:
3.1. Provision of the aeronautical information services – registering of customers who meet the conditions for receiving this service.
3.2. Provision of of security of infrastructure objects and security of office buildings.
• video surveillance to ensure compliance with the requirements of the ban on crossing the perimeter of critical infrastructure objects;
• video surveillance to monitor compliance with critical work procedures and for purpose of security incident analysis;
• video surveillance to control the access regime of critical process rooms and to operatively identify sources of fire hazards.
3.3. Personnel management process – to ensure work organization and social guarantees;
3.4. Staff selection process – to assess the applicant’s suitability to hold a certain position.
4. Transfer of personal data to other recipients
4.1. LGS can transfer personal data to the Statutory state institutions (for example, law enforcement agencies).
4.2. LGS can transfer personal data to the LGS approved data processors with whom agreements on data processing and its conditions have been concluded.
4.3. LGS processes personal data in the European Union / European Economic Area (EU / EEA). No data transfer outside the EU / EEA.
5. Nature and duration of storage
5.1. LGS Personal Data is stored only for such time as to achieve the purpose of data processing:
• the duration of storage of the video recording of the observance of the requirements for the prohibition of crossing the perimeter of infrastructure objects and building infrastructure objects is related to the conditions for the protection of critical infrastructure objects;
• For the provision of aeronautical information services, the period of storage of personal data is related to the conditions of the duration of storage of LGS and customer mutual settlement accounting (Law on Accounting);
• LGS stores personal data accumulated in the process of control of compliance with the work procedures of critical processes for 1 month.
5.2. Personal data LGS classifies as “Restricted Information,” and as for such kind of data, LGS provides appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability measures.
5.3. LGS deletes personal data, including personal data registered on the Aeronautical Information Service website https://ais.lgs.lv/, as soon as data is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing or the data subject withdraws his or her consent on the website conditions for receiving the Aeronautical Information Service.
6. Rights of data subjects
With regard to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to:
- request the correction of personal data if they are inappropriate, incomplete or incorrect;
- oppose the processing of your personal data or withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data if it is based on a legitimate interest or the prior consent of yours;
- request the deletion of your personal data if the processing of the data is based on consent and you revoked this consent. This right does not apply if the personal data, deletion you requested of, processed on the basis of another legal basis, such as a contract or obligations arising from the relevant regulatory enactments;
- to receive information regarding whether your data are processed and, if so, to view them in cases permitted by law;
- receive personal data provided by you and processed on the basis of consent or performance of the contract in writing or in one of the most commonly used electronic formats and, if requested, transfer data to another data processor;
- if you consider that the processing of personal data performed by LGS isn’t in accordance with regulatory enactments and violates your rights, you can submit a complaint to the LGS data protection specialist email@example.com, or to the Data State Inspectorate www.dvi.gov.lv;
- in order to exercise the mentioned rights, you have to send your claim in an electronically signed e-mail or deliver the claim in person, identifying yourself with an identity document;
- requesting your personal data stored in the LGS video surveillance system, you have to additionally indicate the date, time and place where you were located;
- by revoking your consent to the processing of your personal data on the website of the Aeronautical Information Service https://ais.lgs.lv/, you will no longer receive the information services provided to the registered users.
7. Contact information
In cases of issues arising from the withdrawal of data processing consent, personal data requests, data subject’s rights, submission of complaints or any other issues regarding processing of your personal data, you are welcome to contact VAS “Latvijas gaisa satiksme” data protection specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or
VAS “Latvijas gaisa satiksme” Muzeju Street 3, Airport “Riga”, Marupes region,
LV-1053, with the indication: “Data protection specialist”.Back